Banker is a sudan type hybrid forage sorghum, ideal for hay or grazing systems.
Banker has excellent hybrid vigour with mid to late maturity.
TARGET AREAS: Australia wide.
Banker is adaptable to both high and low rainfall conditions and benefits from great recovery and regrowth after cutting or grazing. A mid to late maturity type.
It produces excellent dry matter with high leaf to stem ratio.
- Potential for high dry matter yields
- Displays good disease resistance
- High leaf to stem ratio
- Suitable for hay, green chop production and grazing
- High quality leafy forage
- Good recovery after cutting and grazing
- Excellent early vigour
- Displays good tolerance in dry conditions
- Ideal for quick early feed
Banker has displayed good disease resistance.
As with all forage sorghum, feed testing is recommended prior to feeding livestock to measure prussic acid and nitrate levels ,especially in early growth grazing or in stressed conditions.
For more information on feed management of forage sorghums, such as the use of supplement blocks, refer to your local agronomist or state government primary producer websites.
Banker can be grazed from .6 metre height.
Suggested sowing rates
- Dryland marginal 3 – 5 kg/ha
- Dryland good 6– 12 kg/ha
- Irrigation 15 – 25 kg/ha
Banker forage sorghum is available through all national rural resellers.
See our find a stockist page and use the interactive map to find your local outlet.