Oliver forage oats is a dual purpose variety ideal for high quality grazing and hay.
Oliver is a new addition to EPG Seeds’ forage oat portfolio. It offers excellent early vigour and fast recovery after grazing, cutting for hay or silage. It is ideal for dryland systems with rainfall from 400mm.
A mid-season maturing type, it is also quicker than most varieties to first grazing.
Oliver has also demonstrated good disease and rust resistance across southern Queensland and New South Wales.
- Dual purpose, high quality grazing and hay
- Highly palatable, suited to most soil types, sheep and blend grazing options
- Low growing point providing high feed performance from autumn through to early summer
- Ideal variety for dryland systems with rainfall from 400mm
- Rapid establishment to first graze
- Narrow leaf, high tillering oat with very even nature
- Excellent early vigour and fast recovery
after cutting for hay, silage or grazing
- Mid maturity type
- Also suited to production under full irrigation
Oliver forage oats is available through all national rural resellers.
See our Find a stockist page and use our interactive map to find your local outlet.
You may also be interested in our other seed varieties.
This variety is registered under Plant Breeders Rights (PBR) in Australia. Information provided here is a guide only. Results can vary greatly depending on climate, soil and local circumstances. This information sheet should not be used as a replacement for expert advice or judgement. Conditions for Sale and Restrictions on Use are listed on the bag and should be referred to. All liability is excluded to the full extent permitted by law.